This webinar focused on the process of the ECI, the support tools available to organisers, and why the ECI is an important participatory democracy tool with testimonials from ECI organisers. Elise Fleury, ECI Organiser of Fur Free Europe, and Nils Kluger, ECI Organiser of Stop Finning – Stop the Trade, gave their perspective on why people should care about the ECI, their experience with the ECI as organisers and why they chose to launch an ECI.
1. Introduction and Welcoming by Vasiliki Mustakis, ECAS, Participatory Democracy Coordinator
2. Presentation by Barbara Walentynowicz, European Commission, Policy Officer - European Citizens’ Initiative on the official procedural steps of the ECI
3. Presentation of ECI Organiser, Elise Fleury, Fur Free Europe
4. Presentation of ECI Organiser, Nils Kluger, Stop Finning – Stop the Trade
5. Presentation by Vasiliki Mustakis on the support tools available to organisers
6. Q&A with audience
7. Closing Remarks
In this webinar, you will find the answers to the following questions:
How do you launch an ECI?
Why should EU citizens care about the ECI?
Why did you choose to launch an ECI?
What was your experience like in launching your ECI?
What advice would you give current and future ECI organisers?
What support tools did you use to help launch your ECI?
If you had the opportunity to do it again, would you launch another ECI?
Nils Kluger, ECI Organiser of Stop Finning - Stop the Trade
Elise Fleury, ECI Organiser of of Fur Free Europe
Barbara Walentynowicz, Policy Officer - European Citizens' Initiative, European Commission
If you missed the webinar, check out the video recording below (available in English)
- Good practices